Thursday, August 14, 2014

Nanakorobi Yaoki | Week One

It's been a week since I started my blog. Since then I've done a few things that had made me feel really good about myself. I started to go through clothes that didn't fit, or that I knew I wouldn't like. It was refreshing getting rid of old clothes and items that I knew I wouldn't wear anymore. As silly as it sounds it's sort of moving on. Taking the old out and bringing in the new. Within the last week  I also went rock climbing with a good friend who I haven't seen in a while. As you know from my last post, I am not in shape. But from my memories I thought "Oh rock climbing won't be so bad."


Yeah no.

It was ROUGH. We were taken to our first wall, which happened to be a medium wall in terms of how hard the climb would be. I couldn't even get 4 feet up the wall. I was already defeated and it was only the first 5 minutes of being there. Luckily my friend Adam is such a sport and really helped me and pushed me along. We went to lower level walls. As much as my muscles were screaming I still pushed myself, but I didn't reach the very top. Oh, did I tell you I'm terrified of heights. Yeah... By the time I got about 5 feet away from the top, my palms would start sweating and I would slip and get scared, so a lot of the time I gave up and would come back down. I was feeling pretty defeated and sore already.  After a few climbs where I didn't make the top, I told Adam "I can't leave here until I touch the ceiling at least once." My next climb I finally made it to the top. It wasn't a super hard wall, but for me it meant a lot. After that I felt more and more confident with each climb, but my muscles were screaming. After an hour we decided that it was time to go. We were both wiped out. I was happy with what I did that day. I reached the ceiling twice, which is more than what I thought I'd be able to do.
 
There have been quite a few days where I've felt down and out. Worried about my imagine, about where I'm going in life. Of course all the natural things. But I'll fall seven, eight, nine, a hundred times before I give up. I'm committed now and I'm not looking back.


No comments:

Post a Comment