Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Komorebi | Finding Inspiration for Fitness

 
Since I've started this blog I've been in and out of inspiration. It's been tough thinking about what my next moves our when I have literally a thousand things running through my mind constantly. I'm impatient and antsy for my hopes and dreams and then I get disappointed when it doesn't happen right away. I guess that's a mental struggle that's extremely hard for me to break.
 
Other than that I've been actually having more better days than bad. I finally got into a little habit with my apartment as far as cleaning. I know I've said this before. It seems silly that things like cleaning could have such an impact on your mood, but it really does! I feel relieved when I can come home to a clean apartment with very minimal things to do, when the alternative would be lazy days til the dishes pile up.
 
But the "lazy" part is still hovering around me as far as fitness. I sort of feel stuck and at a loss as of where to start. I general eat pretty healthy. I eat a lot of chicken and brown rice or quinoa for dinner. Eggs in the morning usually. But there are still those days where I feel lazy and I don't want to make something for myself so I'm going through the drive thru somewhere, only to leave me feeling like crap that night and into the next morning.
 
 
 
Exercise is something I struggle with, like most people. I find it incredibly boring. It's not the physical part I hate. I just get unbearably bored and then I think about what I could do next and typically go and do it. It's a vicious cycle. I'm out of shape so it's hard when I think/feel I can push myself to the limit. I feel defeated and like I failed when I don't, when I know I shouldn't be pushing myself so soon.
 
Luckily, my pinterest addiction is still in high gear. I always pin exercises like I'm actually going to do them. But I've finally found something that's so simple to start out with that I think I can finally head in the right direction!
 
Multitasking the everyday with fitness! This great blog post by Jamie really stood out to me. They are such simple concepts. Anyone can do them and it seems like a great way to just kick start your way back into a routine. Thank you Jamie!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment