Saturday, August 30, 2014

Progress Week 3, A Typical Day

Lately I haven't been finding inspiration for what I should write and share with you all.
It's a daily struggle. Fighting the urges to grab the chips and dip, and instead grab a handful of almonds or carrots. But I feel as though it's working, slowly but surely.

I usually start off the day with a glass of water first thing. I had read in multiple places that this kick starts your body and organs. If there's one thing I don't do enough of, it's drink water. It's probably the worst thing you could do for your body, but it's just something I'm not good about period. But that's something I'm working on as well.

My breakfast usually consist of eggs, toast, yogurt, granola and some milk. I typically change it every day just to have some form of variety. Though I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong here. I usually eat breakfast by 6:45 - 7:00am and then by 9:00 - 10:00am I'm already starving. Maybe I just have to jump onto the rule of 5 smaller meals throughout the day. It would probably be better for my metabolism anyway. Lunch is usually what I have left over from dinner. Dinner is usually chicken, brown rice and a veggie. Once and a while some spaghetti, maybe some tacos. Not bad right?

But weekends usually kill me...

 
 
Now, I'm not an alcoholic. I can say no to a drink and I can surely go weeks, months without a drink if I had to. But who WANTS to? Drinking is just a way of letting out stress and cutting loose for me. It's a relaxing thing to do with friends. I don't always have to get drunk when I drink. But who wouldn't want to get tipsy a little? With that comes the hunger factor and when  your drunk you will eat ANYTHING. Here in lies the problem. Already highly loaded empty carb beer, along with pizza at 2am in the morning. Just a destructive combination that happens more than I would like to admit.
 
I've been better about drinking. I used to come home from work and crack open a few beers. I haven't done that in about a month and a half. I've been coming home and walking my stress off on the treadmill. This has been actually making such a difference and I already feel so much better. But I have a long way to go.
 
I'm apparently over 140lbs which is what I was told last time I went to the doctor and I just wanted to cry. I know this isn't a huge issue. Everyone always tells me I "don't have to worry about anything" and that I'm "beautiful, shut up". But they don't feel how uncomfortable I am in my own skin. I don't feel like this girl that I see in the mirror. I'm doing this for myself and no one else. I hope that everyone who is looking to change themselves is doing it for them. Not to impress the people around them, or because someone told them so. If you are comfortable in your own skin, I applaud you. There is nothing more beautiful than that.
 
Leave me a comment below with how you feel and the things that you have done. I'd love to hear from anyone and everyone how they are going.
 
xx Mookie
 


No comments:

Post a Comment